President Trump is meeting today with his Cabinet members after announcing that three American detainees were leaving North Korea and headed back to the US.
Here are a few things Trump may bring up:
- Kim Jong Un: Trump said a date and place has been set for his summit with the North Korea leader.
- American detainees: The detainees are on a plane right now with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who was in Pyongyang.
- Iran deal: President Trump announced yesterday that he is quitting the Iran nuclear deal, pitting him against the United States’ closest allies and leaving the future of Tehran’s nuclear ambitions in question.
- Michael Cohen: Special counsel investigators have questioned a Russian oligarch about hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments his company’s US affiliate made to Trump’s personal attorney after the election, according to a source familiar with the matter.
- Rudy Giuliani: Sources tell CNN that the President has been flustered by the onslaught of negative coverage generated by Giuliani, who has exacerbated his political troubles in recent days with a series of unscripted interviews.